Have you ever come across one of those recipes that you could never get too much of? Like that one simple thing that you could make with your eyes closed, because it’s so ingrained in your head? Well this secret weapon salad is that for me!
When I’m really sticking to my routine and droppin’ those LB’s this salad is my secret weapon! It’s nothing but simple ingredients that are CHEAP and you probably keep in your fridge and pantry, so it makes for a super simple and fast meal that will fill you up with tons of vitamins, but has so much flavor that it doesn’t seem like you’re eating lean and green. It’s a little savory, a little sweet and a whole lot of yummmmm!
Check out my “Secret Weapon Salad” and the dressing that comes together in seconds and is good on basically anything!
Secret Weapon Salad & Go-To Dressing
Salad Ingredients (makes 1 large salad)
- 2-3 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 English Cucumber, sliced in half moon shapes
- 1/4 c Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 c Grape or Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 c Fat Free Feta Crumbles (I like the ones from Trader Joe’s)
Dressing Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 2 Tbl Olive or Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by making the dressing. Combine everything except the salt and pepper in a small mason jar with lid. Shake everything together until it’s emulsified. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. *If the dressing is still too tangy, add a tiny bit more honey
- Chop all of your salad ingredients and top with half the dressing! It seriously is that easy!!!
This salad is one of my recipes that is constantly in my meal planning for the week and is super yummy with whatever protein you want to add to it! Grilled salmon, chicken, and even tuna!
I hope you love this super simple salad as much as I do!! If you decide to show off your creation to the insta-world make sure to tag me @JessicaDelfsBL10 and use the hashtag #LifeAfterLoserRecipes so I can find you and give you a shout out!!