I don’t know about you, but there are plenty of nights that I go straight to the gym after work, and I don’t get home until close to 7:00pm or later. The last thing I want to do is make a complicated dinner with 20 ingredients. Sheet pan dinners are a life saver when you’re starving, you don’t want a ton of dishes to clean, and you don’t want to baby sit it while it cooks!
One of my favorite sheet pan dinners has only a few ingredients and takes 30 mins in the oven, so you can jump in the shower after the gym, or take care of other things while it cooks! The best part is that you don’t even have dishes once you’re done…it’s awesome!
This recipe is Whole 30, Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, and a meal plan staple of mine. I’m sure it’ll become one of yours too! Are you ready for the amazingness of this super simple dish??? Well let’s go…
Chicken Sausage & Butternut Squash Sheet Pan Dinner
- 12 oz Italian Chicken Sausage Links, cut into coin shapes (I like the Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage links from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Small Butternut Squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cubed (to make this meal way faster, I just buy them already peeled and cubed from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Tbl Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Line a large sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper. Can we say hallelujah for no dishes later!!!
- Place all ingredients into a large plastic bag (again, a no dishes hack) and toss around until everything is evenly coated. Spread everything out into a single layer on to the lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30 mins, or until the squash is tender.
*Note: I like to play around with other veggies too, like throwing in some brussel sprouts or asparagus…skies the limit 🙂
That’s it…seriously, so easy!! It makes a ton of food too, so it’s awesome for meal prep for the week, or just to have leftovers for lunch or dinner another day!
I’d love to see how yours turns out, and if it becomes one of your favorites too! If you end up sharing your masterpieces, make sure to tag me on instagram at @JessicaDelfsBL10 and use the hashtag #LifeAfterLoserRecipes so I can find you!!