I LOVE artichoke hearts…like LOVE them. But in the past I’ve always been deterred because of all the prep, and then steaming, and waiting…but not anymore!!
If you have heard me rave about my Instant Pot, well then…here you go. That thing has changed my life, my meal prep game, and saved me so much time!!! These artichokes are so fast and easy, and come out perfect every time!
I pair it with a super easy, lemony, creamy Whole 30 Lemon Aioli that you can make before the artichokes are even done (which is fast!)
So here’s how I get these babies perfect every single time!!
Instant Pot Artichokes with Whole 30 Lemon Aioli
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 2 Large Artichokes
- 1/4 cup Mayo (I use the unsweetened mayo from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- 3 Tbl Lemon Juice, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- First prepare your artichokes. Cut the top 1/3 off the pointed tip of the artichoke. I like to scrape the top layer of skin off the bottom stem as well with a sharp knife so that it’s more tender when steamed! Then, using kitchen shears or strong scissors, snip the tips of each “petal”. Separate the leaves a little and pour 1/2 Tbl of lemon juice over the top of each artichoke, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cup water and steamer rack into your instant pot. Place both the artichokes inside with the cut sides up. Place the lid on, and close the vent to sealed. Turn on your instant pot to manual/pressure cook and set time for 10 mins. Once the timer goes out, release the valve to venting and let depressurize completely.
- Meanwhile, make your Aioli by combing mayo, dijon mustard, horseradish and remaining 2 Tbl of lemon juice.
- Once the artichokes are done, let them cool enough to handle, then pull off each leaf and you’re good to go to start dipping and scraping out the meat (the best part!)
There’s no need to be afraid of artichokes from now on! Even with prepping them, the whole things takes about 15 mins total, and are so tender, yummy, and delicious!!
Let me know if you make these show stoppers! If you post on Instagram (because who doens’t these days??) Make sure to tag me @JessicaDelfsBL10 and use the hashtag #LifeAfterLoserRecipes so I can find you and show you the love you deserve!!