Yep…you read that right, 8 MINUTES!!! I was skeptical at first, because normally I would have to roast it for 45 minutes to an hour, but once I got my Instant Pot my world changed!
If you haven’t picked up one of these puppies yet, you’re seriously missing out! It’s a little bit of an investment but I use mine to make huge roasts in less than 90 Mins (vs 4-5 Hours in the crockpot or oven), hard boiled eggs in 3 Mins (which are so much easier to peel for some reason), soups and stews (in the 15-30 Min range), homemade bone broth in an a few hours (vs like 100 hours in the crockpot or stove lol!), and roasting big squash that would normally take an hour or more in the oven, in just 8 MINS…I mean, come on!
You can also do other things like steam veggies, make rice, cook whole chickens, and even make your own yogurt!! The possibilities are endless (can you tell I really love my Instant Pot)!
OK, but you came here to see how I do my spaghetti squash…so here goes…are you ready…it’s really difficult…
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup Water
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash, cut across the middle (not long ways), seeded
- Salt and Pepper
- Cute your spaghetti squash around the middle (not long ways) and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the water into the Instant Pot along with the steamer rack it came with. Then place your squash cut side up into the bottom of the pot.
- Close the lid and make sure the vent is sealed. Set it to manual or pressure cook depending on which one you have, and choose high heat for 8 mins.
- Once the timer goes off, release the vent to quick release the pressure. Once it is completely depressurized remove the squash and let it cool for a few mins, just so you can handle it.
- Scoop out the insides and you’re ready for some low carb, paleo, Whole 30 spaghetti amazingness…mmmm!
Note: Spaghetti Squash stores really well in a storage container in the fridge for up to a week. Mine usually doesn’t get soggy or anything! Which makes for super quick meals through out the week!
Now that you’re convinced that you just have to have one of these Instant Pots in your life, you can click here and see the exact one I have! They aren’t paying me to advertise for them, but I might make a little commission if you purchase it through my link, which goes right back into this site to help develop recipes and other fun content!
I hope you enjoy this crazy hack, and save yourself some time next time you meal prep!! Enjoy!